Hairdressing & Barbering Courses
Choose from a complete selection of professional courses.
Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing and Barbering (VTCT)
These are Basic hairdressing courses that enable you to attain all the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills to work in any salon to become a men’s or / ladies hairstylist.
You will learn how to:
– Maintain health & safety in the workplace
– Advise clients on products and services and identify what they want
– Carry out reception duties
– Shampoo and condition hair, learn basic techniques in haircutting, barbering techniques different methods in hairstyling, Colouring, and Perming hair to achieve a variety of looks
– The potential hairdresser will be able to work quite confidently on their own on successful completion of the course
Lessons are in English or Greek.
Duration: 16 months
A VTCT Diploma and a Tina Kay Certificate of Attendance will be given upon successful completion of the course.
Level 2 Diploma in Barbering (VTCT)
This intense course specializes in the art of men’s hairdressing. It covers the basic steps required to produce traditional and current men’s haircuts. Cutting techniques focus heavily on scissor over comb and clipper over comb, with and without using cutting guards. The course is suitable for people who are new to men’s hairdressing. This course includes theory, assignment work and theoretical / practical examinations to gain the internationally recognised diploma. Duration: Approx. 8 months
The main skills the Learner will acquire are:
• Shampoo and Condition Hair – how to massage the hair and scalp correctly to cleanse, condition and treat the client’s hair
• Cut Men’s Hair – develop basic cutting techniques to create a range of looks and recognition of critical influencing factors associated with men’s cutting
• Cut Men’s Facial Hair – develop basic cutting techniques to create a range of looks and designs on facial hair
• Styling Men’s Hair – develop skills to develop a range of looks, including straightening and finger styling and the use of finishing products
• Colour and Lighten Hair
• Provide Scalp Massage Services
• Salon Reception Duties
• Working with Others in a Salon
Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Barbering – NEW!
It is recommended that Learners should have achieved a Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering or equivalent.
Duration: 9 months / 1 Day per Week (Every Thursday)
At Level 3 we provide an intensive barbering skills course for anyone with previous experience. The aim is to bring the standard of the learners’ skills to the highest level. The course includes both theoretical and practical lessons, with which the learner will be trained in all the latest trends, beard trims and hair tattoos.
On completion, learners will be ready for employment anywhere in the world.
This course covers:
• You will perfect your scissors over comb technique.
• Design and create a range of facial hair shapes.
• Hot towel shaving.
• Follow procedures to work safely.
• Creatively cut hair using a combination of barbering techniques.
• Advanced clipper techniques.
• Advanced free hand cutting techniques.
• Fading techniques.
• Promote additional services and products to customers.
• Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business.
• Contribute to the Planning, Implementation and Evaluation of Promotional Activities.
• Develop and Enhance Your Creative Hairdressing Skills.
• Design and Create Patterns in Hair.
For more information and registrations please call 7000 0430
Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Hairdressing (Ladies) (VTCT)
This is the highest level qualification for hairdresser. Will be able to learn what it entails to own or manage a salon and to be responsible for junior stylists and other staff within a salon environment. Students will learn how to promote their work at a higher level.
At this level the candidate will:
– Develop and promote of their own work through photo shoots, fashion, and hair shows
– Need to ensure their own actions reduce risks to health and safety
– Need to identify and promote additional products or services that are available to the client and gain their commitment to them
– Also need to provide hairdressing consultation services; this will include analyzing their hair, skin and scalp and making recommendations
– Learn advanced Haircutting, Coloring, Perming, high styling techniques
– After completing this course the candidate can progress to a VTCT teacher training course
TinaKay Fast Track Courses
Only available for experienced and professional hairdressers
A TK CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE IS GIVEN
TK Cutting Basics
This is a refresher course for students who want to recap their basic hairdressing techniques in hair cutting in ladies hairdressing. Includes all basic techniques, including texturizing technique. Duration: 30 hours
TK Men’s Hairdressing Basics
This intense course specializes in the art of men’s hairdressing. It covers the basic steps required to produce traditional and current men’s haircuts. Cutting techniques focus heavily on scissor over comb and clipper over comb, with and without using cutting guards. The course is suitable for professional hairdressers who want to specialize in men’s hairdressing. There lessons are paid by the hour
TK Men’s Shaving Course
This course will teach you the art of wet and hot towel shaving techniques. Learn the art of cut-throat shaving with hot towels on our shaving course. Practice will take place on live models to enable you to build your confidence. Duration: 10 hours – 2 days
TK Colouring Basics
The course includes a foundation hair colour theory & practical sessions. The course is suitable for anyone wishing to increase or refresh their foundation knowledge in hair colouring. Duration: 5 days
TK High Styles Basics
This workshop covers all aspects of basic long hair including vertical rolls and simple plaits. It is designed for people with little or no experience in long hair work. Duration: 2 days
TK High Styles Creative
This is the ultimate inspirational course for experienced stylists who are ready to push their creativity to the max and learn more advanced hairstyling techniques. Duration : 1 day (6-8 hours)
TK Hair Clipper Design Course (freestyle and/or portraits)
The only course of its kind in Cyprus. Learn the art of designs using clippers. This intense course teaches you from simple lines to complete portraits. A hands on clipper/trimmer cutting class on advanced hair tattooing. Students must have some experience as barbers or hairdressers. Students will be taught to fade, shape and blend. The course will feature demonstrations on live models by the instructor, as well as hands on work on models by the students. Students are encouraged to bring live models rather than mannequins to the class to work on if they so desire. Complex geometric designs will be demonstrated as well as the principles of free hand design.
Just for Men! – Lessons Specialising in all aspects of Male Grooming
Choose the right course for you. A TK Certificate of attendance is given.
TK Barbering & Male Grooming Courses
Taking Male Grooming to the next level; Master the latest trends in male grooming techniques. You will be guided by an expert barbering educator through these highly profitable, fast and effective treatments that will grow your client base and boost earnings.
Designed for hairdressers and barbers who wish to update and improve their skills. It is essential for candidates to have had some previous hair cutting experience.
– Men’s Hot Towel Shaving Course
TK Facial Shaving using the classic Hot Towel Method – Learn the classic method of face shaving using the hot towel method. Our educator will be demonstrate the proper methods and executions of the entire client experience held to the highest of standards. Stressing that a ‘Hot Towel Experience’ is more than ‘JUST’ a shave. Through careful preparation, techniques and conditioning, you will learn to provide a relaxing, and impressive shave experience for your client.
Duration: 3 day course (12hrs / 4hrs per sessions)
– TK Men’s Facial Wax Course
This half-day, hands-on workshop is aimed at modern barbershops, hairdressers and that wish to extend their men’s grooming services to OFFER men’s facial wax include nostril, ear, mid-brow, temple and cheek waxing for men. Step away from the clippers… waxing is a quick and simple to learn Alternative that gets cleaner, longer lasting results and is easy to promote. All waxing is performed in-chair without the need for extra floor space or costly equipment. Treatments can easily be added to the end of a haircut or facial, take just 5 minutes to carry out, and add an income into the cash register.
Duration: 1/2 day course (4hrs)
– TK Lessons in Men’s Haircutting
TK Men’s haircutting lessons –programs ONLY for barbers or hairdressers who have some experience in haircutting but want to refine and perfect their men’s haircutting skills
Choose which lessons you wish to follow:
> 1st Series – ΤΚ Fade & Shape
Lesson duration: 4 lessons (4 hours, per lesson) in men’s haircuts – The course is addressed only to barbers or hairdressers with experience in cutting, who want to improve and perfect their skills in men’s haircuts mainly in ‘Fade’
Low ,medium high fade. Lineups, Tapering technique and Clipper over Comb.
> 2nd Series – ΤΚ Men’s Scissor & Razor
Course duration: 4 lessons (4 hours, per lesson) in men’s haircuts – The course is addressed only to barbers or hairdressers with experience in cutting, who want to improve and perfect their skills in men’s haircuts mainly in cutting theory, including haircutting demo, Sectioning, angles, graduation, Scissor over comb, Crop Razor Cut.
(prepaid/ small groups)
> 3rd Series- ΤΚ Short Men’s Cutting Course
The course is addressed only to barbers or hairdressers with experience in cutting, who want to improve and perfect their skills in men’s haircuts mainly in the Duration: 10 lessons (40 hours total, 4 hours per lesson) in men’s haircuts
Includes: Low ,medium high fade, Lineups, Tapering technique and Clipper over Comb, Fading, Scissor work & Styling, Cutting theory, including haircutting demos, Sectioning, angles, graduation, Scissor over comb, Crop Razor Cut.
Includes work on training heads and models (training heads not included in the price).
– Hair Colouring Course for Men
This contemporary course is perfect for newly qualified barbers/ men’s hairdressers wishing to grow and develop their creative skills in men’s hair colouring techniques to create the latest trends for men with impressive results.
Advanced Courses in Hairdressing
Choose the right course for you. A TK Certificate of attendance is given.
1. Hair Colouring Course for Professional Hairdressers
This course will teach Freehand Colour Techniques & create ultimate colour results and master freehand colouring. Revive colour services in the salon with trend lead colour application techniques. This course is a practical hands on technique focused training session.
– Colour Theory and Product knowledge
– Health & Safety
– Client Consultation and managing expectations
Practical session will cover:
– Freehand Hair Colouring, – Different Painting Patterns, Colour Sectioning techniques
Selecting Products ,Tools and Equipment
– Colour Melting, Balayage, ombre, sombre, Highlights, Baby Lights / Microlights / Slicing Colour Contouring
– Trouble Shooting and Problem Solving
Duration: 6 weeks (4 hour sessions) / Price: Course is prepaid
2. High style Techniques course – 4 weeks
If you want to upgrade your knowledge, learn the art of updos with this series of lessons. They will teach you industry skills and different techniques to develop your knowledge. It includes step-by-step instructions on how to use different techniques for different occasions to create stunning hairstyles as well as how to work with different hair types.
Duration: 4 weeks (4 hour sessions) / Price: Course is prepaid
3. TK Women’s Back to Basics Cutting Course- 6 weeks
This course is designed for designed for Hairdressers who have some experience with use of scissors and wishes to refresh their knowledge and gain more confidence on the foundations of hair cutting, to obtain the knowledge and practical skills to work in the industry.
Contents: Cut Hair to include the following styles: One Length, Layered, Uniform, Graduation etc
Duration: 6 weeks / Price : Course is prepaid
4. Advanced Women’s Cutting Course-4 weeks
This Hair Cutting course is arranged for the student to further their abilities in advanced hair cutting techniques in classic and modern cutting methods. The course is suitable for students who have some basic knowledge in cutting hair and wishes to further their knowledge of cutting and finishing hair. Each lesson builds on the skills learned in the previous one to help you develop your hair cutting skills and techniques until you fully master and understand the concepts and . For those who want to get in touch with fashion but want a deeper approach to it, and for all those who want to move past common limits and find their own personal style.
Duration: 4 weeks (4 hours per session) / Price: Course is prepaid